Have you heard about Philips Zoom? It’s the latest in teeth whitening technology that everyone’s talking about. Read on to find out why.
What is Philips Zoom?
Philips Zoom is part of a new generation of whitening treatments that make it faster, safer and simpler than ever to get beautiful white teeth. This is partly thanks to Zoom’s whitening gel, which contains a special unique formula.
Here at SA Benson, we’re pleased to provide Zoom at-home whitening, which is the take-home version of Philips Zoom. You can whiten your teeth yourself at home and see results in just three days.
What is the Zoom at-home whitening procedure like?
The Zoom whitening procedure is quick and simple compared to other at-home whitening methods. There are three easy steps:
- First, you’ll go to the dentist for an initial appointment. Here, the dentist will discuss your needs with you and also ensure that you’re suitable for Zoom Whitening. Then, the dentist will make an impression of your teeth; it’s from this impression that the customised whitening trays will be made.
- At your second appointment, the dentist will check that your new trays fit your teeth comfortably. The dentist will also show you how to apply the Zoom whitening gel to the tray properly.
- You’ll then leave the surgery with your new trays and gel. At home, you’ll wear the trays for one to eight hours a day (the amount of time depends on the strength of the gel) for the next one to two weeks.
How soon can I get white teeth with Zoom at-home whitening?
Once your whitening trays are ready, you’ll see results after just three days. What’s more, you’ll achieve optimal results within just one to two weeks.
How long does the results of Zoom at-home whitening last?
Your teeth will be white for approximately six to twelve months, after which they will gradually return to their previous colour. Therefore, we recommend coming back to see us every six months for a touch up. You can also prolong the whitening effect by avoiding foods and drinks that stain your teeth, such as coffee and tea.
Do I have to sleep with the tray in my mouth?
No, not if you don’t want to. This is because Zoom offers two at-home whitening options depending on your lifestyle: NiteWhite and DayWhite.
- With NiteWhite, you wear the tray overnight while you sleep. This method is quicker than DayWhite and you’ll see results sooner. You’ll achieve your optimal colour within just one to two weeks.
- With DayWhite, you’ll wear the whitening tray for just an hour every day. This option takes slightly longer, however – you’ll see optimal results within two weeks.
What makes Philips Zoom different to other teeth whitening products?
Here at SA Benson, we’ve found that our patients much prefer Philips Zoom to other at-home whitening treatments. One reason our patients love Philips Zoom is that it causes less sensitivity to their teeth and gums than other whitening products. This is achieved through the use of Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP), a special ingredient in the Zoom gel that helps protect enamel and control sensitivity. In fact, Zoom is the only product on the market that contains ACP.
Will Zoom whitening give me sensitive teeth?
Patients are often apprehensive about whitening their teeth because they’re worried it will make their teeth sensitive. It’s true that sensitive teeth are a common side effect of tooth whitening, but the Zoom gel contains two mild desensitising agents that reduce sensitivity: ACP and potassium nitrate. While these agents won’t prevent sensitivity entirely, they will make your experience more pleasant than any other whitening treatment.
Zoom at-home Whitening at SA Benson
If you’re interested in Zoom at-home whitening, then contact us to make an initial appointment. You can reach us on 01384 637835 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you!